NBC News Digital seeks a breaking business news editor
We’re seeking an editor to manage breaking business news coverage at NBC News Digital.
In this newly created role, you’ll work with NBC News Digital’s breaking news team as well as the network’s Business, Tech and Media unit to coordinate coverage of significant business news at it breaks the day’s biggest headlines. You’ll have a focus on what business news means for families, workers and other consumers, assigning stories that range from product recalls to big news about company heads to how companies are handling the pandemic and ongoing social justice movements. You’ll assign and edit stories and also be able to step in and write as necessary.
The right candidate will have experience editing business news for a general news audience at a national digital publication. You must be attuned to what our readers care about. You will manage one full-time reporter to start and report to the lead breaking news editor.
You will make sure that the stories you’re editing and writing have the best photos, videos, social media embeds and other elements to provide context to a reader.
- Writing clean, fast and accurate copy, headlines, and photo and video captions
- Communicating with a team of other reporters and editors
- Planning ahead and pre-writing for announcements, news being released under embargo, etc.
- Making full use of the range of NBC News resources, including network newsgathering and multimedia
- At least five years experience working in a newsroom and editing daily stories, including at least two years writing or editing stories about business
- Experience managing a team
- Expertise writing headlines
- Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
- Must be a skilled editor with outstanding communication
- Experience writing or editing for a digital-first publication
- Experience monitoring social and search trends online
- Experience writing or editing consumer-oriented business news
To apply, go here.