MT Newswires seeks financial news editors
MT Newswires (www.mtnewswires.com), a leading real time global markets financial news publisher, is seeking an energetic and experienced Financial News Editors to oversea our global team of veteran financial journalists. This is a telecommute role with the option of working out of our Bethesda, MD headquarters.
MT Newswires is seeking a skilled, and experienced managing editors for its fast-paced global financial news service. Candidates are invigorated by the demands of overseeing a fast-paced newswire and global team of veteran financial reporters.
Applicants will meet and maintain MT Newswires’ high standards through precise and concise editing, sharp and informative headlines and distinctive presentation, while taking on additional responsibilities. These individuals will independently and quickly make decisions about breaking news, coordinate with global managing editors to manage strategy on across all coverage regions and news categories.
Candidates understand the demands of a fast paced news cycle and must be comfortable with making high-level news decisions. These editors have excellent communication skills and are able to move fast, decisively and support colleagues in their work by giving clear direction. The role also requires a strong appreciation of the needs of our numerous North American, European and Asian clients and distribution partners.
Successful candidates must have exceptional news judgment and the ability to sharply edit and elevate stories of all types with speed and depth under deadline pressure. In addition to breaking news and top news of the day, these editors will work on unique, client specific reporting requirements.
Experience in digital journalism and experience at other financial wire services (Dow Jones Newswires, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, etc.) is a big plus.
- Willing to telecommute (option to commute to Bethesda, MD office for those in DMV area);
- Experience writing and editing financial market news for a business and/or financial publication;
- History of news gathering and writing in a real-time environment for a demanding digital readership that pays close attention to what you produce and uses it as significant input into investment decisions;
- Analysis of market-relevant fundamentals data and the ability to draw out strong narratives concerning market trends and potential market changes;
- Significant editing and management experience.
To apply, go here.