Move Inc., real estate site, seeks editorial director
Move Inc., operator of realtor.com, and subsidiary of News Corp, seeks a digital-savvy Editorial Director with experience creating high-integrity, consumer-friendly content.
The director will set the editorial agenda for Realtor.com across digital platforms, creating a strategy for news and advice content (written, video, infographic, etc) that enhances the appeal of the site, with a heavy emphasis on brand voice, shareability and engagement. S/he will provide strong leadership to a team of writers and editors, and set standards for a timely, competitive product.
The director will have a high comfort level with analytics and experimenting with different approaches to engaging audiences.
The position can be based in San Jose, California, or split between New York and San Jose.
- Build out a digital newsroom of writers and editors with experience in market/financial, popular/celebrity, local and data-driven news.
- Ramp up email newsletters and alerts and manage the social media editorial agenda.
- Collaborate across departments (Marketing, Sales, Product, Design, Data, etc) to develop content solutions that meet the needs of the business. Demonstrate a clear understanding of site’s larger user behavior, engagement and monetization goals and provide creative solutions to meet/exceed those goals.
- Work closely with Design/UX and other site stakeholders to redesign the editorial section of the site.
- Conceive ways of integrating editorial content around site and help provide voice to prominent non-editorial site pages.
- Generate ideas for enhancing listings with editorial content.
- Cultivate strategic content partnerships.
To apply, go here.