Motley Fool seeks freelance financial editor
The Fool.com team is looking for a freelance financial editor who subsists on a diet of 10-Ks, valuation metrics, and the written word. This position is tailor-made for analytical and detail stock junkies who can wade through text and determine if a financial argument is correctly backed up with pertinent metrics and reasoning.
After all, Fool.com helps spread the word to tens of millions of people each month by publishing the best content to our award-winning site.
You will be working within a Bureau – to include writers and editors – that will make Fool.com the best place on the internet for content related to stocks and investing. You will coach writers on how to strengthen their financial analysis and be a line of defense to ensure all content reviewed and published is accurate and easy to follow.
But what does this role actually do?
- Edit stock-based content to ensure financial accuracy and fact-check numbers, names, and metrics.
- Work closely with internal Bureau teams to understand content initiatives and best practices.
- Stay current on industry trends and key data sources.
- Work through high-volume queues and carry a dependable editing schedule.
- While this role will not involve a lot of writing, you should enjoy the craft and know what makes content enjoyable.
- 5+ years experience working as stock analyst or financial writer.
- Adaptability and responsiveness to feedback .
- Strong familiarity with Fool.com content and voice.
- Commitment to producing accurate, error-free work.
To apply, go here.