Motley Fool seeks editor/analyst to cover financial sector
The Fool.com team is looking to hire an Editor/Analyst to own all elements of editorial strategy within our financial sector. This job is tailor-made for future Fools who think quickly, move nimbly, and take great ownership of only the highest quality output. After all, Fool.com helps spread the word to tens of millions of people each month by publishing the best content to our award-winning site.
The stakes are high, the possibilities are endless, and you are hungry for GROWTH. Everything your team does is meant to expand our reach at the highest possible ROI. Candidates must be willing (and excited!) to work collaboratively and competitively to achieve measurable results with great autonomy.
You will be standing up an editorial team – to include writers and editors – that will make Fool.com the best place on the internet for content related to financial stocks. If you’re not already a stock market whiz, don’t worry- you’ll learn the industry inside and out alongside some brilliant minds. You will coach writers on how to generate more traffic across search and syndication partners, conduct keyword research to identify new areas of coverage, and always check the data to ensure our content achieves its purpose.
But what does this role actually do?
- Create a content strategy by defining relevant topics and then sourcing the writing to topical experts- freelancers, contract writers, and/or internal Fools.
- Search for SEO terms worth covering and know how to optimize for conversions. Use data to explore content reach within SERPs and content distribution partners in order to increase article ROI.
- Create a monthly editorial calendar and monitor the process that will source, edit, organize, and publish the content (potentially in multiple channels).
- Develop expertise in The Motley Fool’s publishing business. Thoroughly understand who our competitors are and work tirelessly to generate better content. Whether it’s presenting our message in text, audio, video, infographic, or smoke signal, our content’s expression will be for you to choose.
- Use Google Analytics and other home-built dashboards to hone your operations. Understand how to spot an opportunity (or know when to walk away from one) based on what the data is telling you.
- Establish relationships and/or explore opportunities to partner, collaborate, or leverage content from other respected brands.
To apply, go here.