Motley Fool seeks a YouTube/video producer
The Producer is responsible for helping lead the creation and production of video content on The Motley Fool’s YouTube channel. This role will combine our editorial strategy with the latest trends on YouTube to create the best financial YouTube channel on the planet. The Motley Fool’s mission is to make the world smarter, happier, and richer, and we do that primarily through stock picks and investing information. The ideal candidate will have a deep passion for stock investing, and is already an active investor.
The Motley Fool’s YouTube channel should be fun and engaging for all audiences. We don’t want to be talking heads reciting major headlines. We want to establish our voice by giving viewers actionable information. The ideal candidate should also have a strong creative skillset to help achieve these goals — bring us fun, innovative ideas! Ideal candidates can also generate ideas for guests, questions, and segments, and have the ability to handle periods of intense breaking news events during company earnings seasons. This may require odd working hours at times.
This role will require a deep understanding of our SEO strategy and our marketing funnel. You will work closely with our marketing team to promote Motley Fool services within our YouTube content to turn loyal viewers into paying customers.
Finally, ideal candidates will be able to write and edit scripts, edit and publish videos, and coach on-screen talent. Having on-screen talent yourself is a major plus.
But what does this role actually do?
- Oversee highly visible YouTube content calendar to include booking guests, generating programming concepts, engaging viewers, and producing systems to ensure content is of top quality and timely.
- Scour the financial markets for the best content ideas to achieve the greatest reach among all audience segments
- Keep close track of and incorporate latest content formats on YouTube and be willing to experiment with big ideas for additional audience engagement.
- Closely monitor channel analytics and grow followers, views, and subscribers to Motley Fool products.
- Write, edit, and approve script copy; build out a team of script writers.
- Act as director, producer, and editor; build out a team to support these functions.
- Work closely with the marketing team to build out optimized campaigns to promote Motley Fool products.
What do you need to apply?
- Extensive experience with video production; video production on YouTube or other social media channels is preferred
- 5+ years experience investing in individual stocks
- Experience with Premiere Pro from Adobe or other video editing software.
- A self-starter with endless hunger to build out a massive audience by creating the best financial YouTube channel in the worldIt’s even better if you have…
- Experience with any of the other social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok
- Practice with direct response marketing principles and methodologies
- Proven track record of successful online content marketing or social media marketing, specifically with video creative
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, a passion for metrics and quantitative analysis, ability to turn analysis into actionable programs.
- A customer-centric attitude and the motivation to work entrepreneurially on a small team
To apply, go here.