“Mornings with Maria” at Fox Business seeks a writer
Fox Business Network is looking for a creative, thorough, and hard-working writer to join the “Mornings with Maria” team.
As a writer, you will be responsible for drafting and editing stories, monologues, and teases in close collaboration with the show’s anchor & producers. The goal is to ensure scripts fit the anchor’s voice and tone of the show. You will be conducting research, selecting sound bites, and producing segments. You are well versed in politics, business, and current events. You will be responsible for taking ownership of ideas described by other people and be prepared to execute those ideas while also adding value to them.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct in-depth research; identify valuable information and cut through clutter
- Write and edit stories, segment introductions, and teases
- Choose elements such as sound, video clips, and graphics
- Participate in daily team meetings and pitch stories tailored to show host and audience
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1-3 years of prior television (or similar) experience
- Knowledge of politics, business, and current events
- Ability to work collaboratively with others under deadline pressure
- Ability to work independently and make smart decisions on your own
- Ability to understand and implement ideas described by others
- Willingness to listen, learn and grow from constructive criticism
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree in television, journalism, or a related field
- National writing experience
- Experience in a live control room
To apply, go here.