Morning Consult is hiring a deputy editor to launch and oversee two new email briefings focused on the sports and entertainment industries. In addition to our email briefings, the deputy editor will work closely with the rest of the editorial team on editing enterprise stories, opinion submissions and managing reporters.
Success in this role requires excellent editing skills, news judgment and time-management abilities, as well as an understanding of business trends in professional sports, the entertainment industry and brands. Most of all, ideal candidates will be able to put themselves in the shoes of their audience to strategically identify and synthesize the news topics critical to sports and entertainment executives.
· Oversee daily editing, production and delivery of sports and entertainment email briefings
· Edit and schedule opinion submissions in sports and entertainment spaces
· Edit beat-related stories and analyses
· Recruit, hire and retain excellent reporters
· Fill in, when necessary, on other Morning Consult verticals
· Continuously improve through feedback
· Excellent writing and editing abilities
· Understanding of and interest in the sports and entertainment industries
· Excellent computer skills and comfort learning advanced technical tools
· Ability to work early in the morning and under tight deadlines
· Experience working with survey research/polling data is a plus
To apply, go here.