Morning Brew seeks senior editor of verticals
Morning Brew is looking for a full-time Senior Editor of Verticals to join our team in NYC.
Just so we’re clear: we’re not a coffee company.
Morning Brew is a New York City-based media company that’s disrupting the traditional business news landscape. Our goal is to make the business world more engaging for the modern business leader through relatable and digestible content. Plus, we’ve got some other cool stuff in the works.
Right now, we’re creating content for four different franchises.
– Our core e-mail newsletter that gives 1.7 million subscribers all the business news they need in five minutes.
– Emerging Tech Brew keeps over 140,000 readers up-to-date on the technological advancements that are changing the world of business.
– Retail Brew delivers the most important retail business news to over 80,000 industry professionals.
– And Business Casual, Morning Brew’s inaugural weekly podcast, dives into the most important topics in business, from big tech to the gender equality gap.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our readers.
Here’s what you will be working on:
Morning Brew is expanding rapidly, and we’re looking for a Senior Editor of Verticals to oversee our growing B2B vertical-specific franchises. This is both a strategic and hands-on role that is responsible for managing the operations of two existing franchises—Retail Brew and Emerging Tech Brew—as well as supporting the launch and then overseeing operations of new vertical franchises, including Marketing Brew. This is a unique opportunity to be a leader within a key strategic growth area for Morning Brew overall.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
Existing franchise operations: Manage day-to-day operations of the production process; ensure on-time content creation and distribution; support writers in story curation by having a deep understanding of target audience and subject matter; support analysis of audience trends; enforce Morning Brew editorial guidelines; edit content for high-level substance and standard copy.
Existing franchise strategic growth: Brainstorm ideas for and support creation of special editorial projects and other non-newsletter products; serve as a strategic liaison with growth, sales, and brand teams.
New franchises: Work with Head of Content and cross-functional teams to launch marketing brew and then develop other new potential vertical franchises.
– At least 3 years of editing experience in a professional newsroom, with the ability to make substantive revisions as well as detailed line edits
– Retail and/or marketing industry subject matter experience preferred; emerging technology experience or understanding helpful
– Reader orientation, with an understanding of the specific needs of a B2B community
– Superior attention to detail and organization
– Creative, strategic mindset to support the growth of franchises
– Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in building relationships with both writers and cross-functional leaders
– Fast-paced and challenging environment that’s built for a passionate, lifelong learner.
– Full-time position with competitive salary.
– Health insurance with 80% monthly premium covered.
– 401(k) plan with employer match.
– Generous vacation and paid time off policy.
To apply, go here.