Morning Brew seeks editor for HR Brew
Morning Brew is seeking an editor to join its B2B team.
HR Brew is a B2B publication that covers all aspects of a human resource professional’s job: from people management to recruiting; corporate policies to the shifts in the business landscape.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the HR Brew newsletter production process, including assigning/approving stories, editing pieces, and writing headlines
- Manage, coach, and develop a team of two reporters
- Overseeing a stable of contributors; managing said contributor network
- Generate, develop, and execute ideas for non-newsletter products and other special editorial projects
- Serve as a strategic liaison with growth, engagement, integrated marketing, and sales teams
- Write stories if and as needed
- Enforce Morning Brew editorial guidelines, editing content for high-level substance, Brew tone and voice, and standard copy
- Support optimization of existing content processes and establish new ones where needed
- Support analysis of audience trends
- Interest in the human resources industry, and the kinds of stories that speak to the HR professional
- At least 5 years of professional editorial experience
- Experience managing a team of writers
- Ability to write in the Morning Brew style
- Flexible worker who is equally motivated by strategic, long-term thinking and hands-on execution.
- Ability to intentionally experiment with, iterate on, and make hard decisions about new product offerings
- Excellent communication skills with a mindset for collaboration
- Ability to operate in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines
- Understanding of how to leverage multiple platforms (email, social media, etc.) to engage with the target audience