Morning Brew seeks a personal finance writer
Morning Brew is looking for a full-time writer to help launch a new content franchise in the personal finance space. The bulk of your work will be producing content, but you will also think strategically about growing the overall franchise. This is a unique opportunity to lead an important new vertical for Morning Brew before Day 1.
· Write engaging and accessible personal finance content, covering topics such as debt, investing, budgeting, and taxes
· Ideate and execute on creative ways to repackage and repromote content across web, newsletters, and social media
· Conceive of and execute tentpole editorial initiatives
· Interface with the target audience on email and social
· In conjunction with the Managing Editor, work with growth and product teams to launch and grow a best-in-class personal franchise brand
· Deep interest and proven expertise in the personal finance space
· At least 5 years of total writing experience and at least 2 years in the personal finance space
· Ability to write in the Morning Brew style (clever, engaging, informative, witty)
· Understanding of how to leverage multiple platforms (from Twitter to live events) to engage with audiences
· Understanding of audience discovery best practices, especially in search and social, to inform content creation
· Combination of attention to detail and creative, strategic thinking
· Excellent communication skills with a mindset for collaboration
· Ability to operate in a high-pressure environment with tight deadline
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we thought we’d sweeten the pot even more with some perks:
· Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We’ll pay for it.
· Unlimited sick and vacation time: And trust us, unlimited means UNLIMITED.
· Remote work optional: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon, you decide.
· 401(k) employer match: Helping you be ready for the future in the present.
· Premium healthcare partially covered by employer: Trying to make getting sick less awful.
· Work from home stipends: Upgrade your home office on us!
To apply, go here.