Montreal Gazette seeks business reporter
The Montreal Gazette is looking for an experienced and highly digital business reporter to engage audiences online and print with content about Montreal’s business community. Familiarity with Montreal’s business leaders and economic drivers is a must, as is experience with the region’s high-tech and real-estate sectors.
He or she will have a proven ability to dig out, initiate and develop business news and feature stories. He or she should be comfortable with filing stories for both in-print and online platforms, including writing on tight deadlines. He or she should also be comfortable with social media and understand how to break news, tell stories and reach readers across multiple platforms.
- Taking an active role in initiating story ideas and generating daily business stories
- Interviewing contacts and senior industry figures on key business issues
- Producing regular features on the high-tech and real-estate sectors
- Taking an active role in initiating story ideas and generating enterprise stories
- Leveraging social media to break news and reach readers
- Experience with or interest in the inclusion of digital extras, such as interactive maps, databases, etc.
Additionally, he or she should be able to check off these skill boxes:
- A minimum 12 months’ work experience as a business journalist
- Active on social media
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An understanding of producing video content
- Fluently bilingual
In order to be considered for this position, your resume and contact information must be received by March 27, 2017, by 4 p.m. at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include samples of published work.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all relevant experience and/or skills are identified on his or her resume. Providing a link to a LinkedIn profile, website, blog or other digital presence is not sufficient.
- We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those applicants considered for the position will be contacted. No follow up calls or emails please. Thank you.