Montreal Gazette seeks a business reporter
The Montreal Gazette, an English-language daily newspaper and website (montrealgazette.com), is looking for an experienced and highly digital business reporter to engage audiences online and in print with content about Montreal’s business community. Familiarity with Montreal’s business leaders and economic drivers is a must.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a proven ability to dig out, initiate and develop business news and feature stories
- Is comfortable with filing stories for both print and online platforms, including writing on tight deadlines
- Is comfortable with social media and understands how to break news, tell stories and reach readers across multiple platforms
- Has experience with or interest in digital content, such as videos, interactive maps and databases
- Taking an active role in initiating story ideas and generating daily news, enterprise and feature stories
- Interviewing contacts and senior industry figures on key business issues
- Leveraging social media to break news and reach readers
Additionally, our ideal candidate should be able to check off these skill boxes:
- A minimum 12 months’ work experience as a business journalist
- Active on social media
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluently bilingual
In order to be considered for this position, send your resume, contact information and samples of published work by April 2, 2019.
To apply, go here.