Monster.com seeks writer
Monster — the global leader in connecting people to jobs and the pioneer site for digital recruiting — is looking for a creative, smart and funny content marketing writer to join our award-winning B2C content team and help shape our coverage of issues that matter to job seekers.
This position is available in our New York City office or our Weston, Massachusetts office.
At Monster, we practice “brand journalism” as a way to drive awareness of what we do. So you’re an ideal candidate if you have some experience as a journalist creating high-quality, actionable how-to content, both evergreen and off the day’s news—and have either worked in content marketing or are interested in making the shift.
You’ll be a key part of a daily news meeting. So you’ll need to stay on top of the issues and trends that matter to America’s workforce—from the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ monthly jobs report to emerging resume formats to the latest offerings in office cafeterias to new legislation—and help decide how to translate these topics for Monster’s audiences. You’ll be expected to produce one to two content assets per day. We’re looking for a utility player, who is comfortable reporting and aggregating; writing seriously and also ridiculously riffing off memes; creating written word, video, photo, and audio; developing ideas big and small.
You’ll also have a key role in the bigger picture: As we continue to define our content strategy, editorial voice, and UI to maximize audience engagement and conversions, you’ll be asked to think creatively about new ways to engage our audience, both as a whole and key segments.
Perhaps most important of all, we’re looking for someone who live and breathe our company’s mission—which is to help job seekers “find better.” So if you’re looking for purpose-driven content marketing work, this could be the role for you.
- Stay on top of relevant news to ensure full coverage of our core subject areas
- Ideate, write, and publish long- and short-form articles, galleries, quizzes, lists, and videos that are consistent with the Monster brand and that deliver value and utility
- Dig into Monster data in order to create enterprise articles and layer thought leadership onto current news
- Write “clicky” headlines and smart metadata for SEO
- Serve as a brand ambassador via social media
- Monitor audience behaviors via analytics tools
- Stay up to date with best practices in SEO, content marketing, digital journalism, social media, web usability, web design, and business/industry trends
To apply, go here.