Moneyweb seeks deputy editor
Moneyweb seeks a deputy editor who will:
- Oversee a team of journalists
- Produce well-written, relevant, accurate and balanced business news and investment articles
- Have an ability to manage multiple stories simultaneously under deadlines and to weigh in quickly with relevant analyses
- Work closely with the production editor to ensure the subbing and publication of stories on the website, carefully schedule the publication of articles to ensure the website is continuously
The position will require a night shift from time to time to assist the production editor and is a leadership position and requires close communication with the Moneyweb leadership team on Moneyweb’s business proposition issues.
- Relevant diploma/degree (finance, economics or journalism)
- Minimum five to ten years’ experience in financial journalism
- Be able to read and analyze financial statements and other financial information
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills
- An existing contact base
- Thorough understanding of the Press Code
- Ability to work under pressure and carry out tasks independently
- Be accepting of flexible work hours
- Have contactable references
Applicants must send a CV and a cover letter (no more than 500 words) outlining how they meet the position’s specific requirements and what they can add to Moneyweb to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: June 18, 2021.