Modern Retail seeks a reporter
Modern Retail, Digiday Media’s retail-focused digital publication, is looking for a reporter to chronicle the reinvention of the retail industry. The reporter will cover up and coming consumer-facing startups along with major retailers including Target, Walmart and other big-box stores. They will help shape Modern Retail’s coverage by identifying emerging industry trends and breaking news. This is an associate level position and requires past journalism experience.
- Write daily reported stories about the transformation of retail that either break news or provide exclusive analysis
- Write recurring feature-length stories
- Build a growing rolodex of insider sources
- Participate and help lead Modern Retail editorial events
- Be a front-facing member of the Modern Retail team
- Help shape Modern Retail’s coverage
- Two to five years of business reporting and writing experience. This is a mid-level role.
- A willingness to pick up the phone and cultivate a network of sources in the industry
- An interest in retail, e-commerce and the trends that drive this industry
In addition to a cover letter and resume, please submit three ideas for reported stories that could appear in Modern Retail, along with sources you would contact for them.
To apply, go here.