MNI seeks a Federal Reserve reporter
Market News International is looking for a reporter to cover the Federal Reserve, working sources and traveling to regional Feds to produce ground-breaking news about the world’s most important central bank.
We’re looking to expand around the globe, and to stamp our mark on coverage of monetary policy. This is a fantastic opportunity for any writer seeking a ring-side seat on one of the biggest stories in financial journalism, at a time when the Fed is seeking to tighten policy and navigate between potential fiscal overheating and risks including a global trade war. The position can be based in either Washington or New
The principal responsibilities of this position include:
- Providing timely and insightful coverage of Federal Reserve monetary policy, with a special emphasis on breaking news.
- Attending Fed press conferences, speeches and other events.
- Interviewing Fed officials and other key sources.
- Writing both spot news and analytical stories addressing the aspects of Fed policy of most interest to financial markets.
What we’re looking for:
- A subtle understanding of monetary policy and markets, tied with the ability to find a story buried under layers of complexity and technicalities and to write about it quickly in simple language.
- An ability to cultivate sources and break news.
- Someone with drive, who is self-motivated and highly competitive, and yet able to work as part of a close-knit editorial team for which close cooperation is essential.
- Our successful candidate may not have formal journalistic qualifications but must be a born newshound, an excellent writer, and be confident and well-spoken enough to forge relations with financial officials of the most senior level.
- A degree in economics or a related field would be helpful but is not essential, as would a track record covering the Fed or other complex financial news at a major news organization.
What We Offer:
- Major career and professional development. We develop, grow, and promote talent. Each
- member of our small global team has myriad opportunities to excel.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package, including health insurance, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan.
- An incredible team of talented and passionate people.
- A fulfilling and challenging work environment.
MNI recognises the importance of work life balance. If this challenge appeals to
you, please come talk to us. Send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org