Minneapolis daily seeks biz reporter to cover entrepreneurship
The Star Tribune is looking for an experienced, versatile, self-starting Business reporter to develop a new beat covering the full range and diversity of entrepreneurship in Minnesota, from venture capital-backed startups to owner-operated neighborhood mainstays. Stories could cover everything from the developer whose app is the hot new thing, to the family-owned shoe store that continues to draw legions of loyal customers.
You must be able to respond quickly to breaking news, master a wide range of topics, and juggle several stories at once. You must have strong news judgment, the ability to write with accuracy and balance, and be comfortable working with data and financial statements. We’re seeking a skilled reporter with a demonstrated commitment to coverage that represents and speaks to the breadth of Minnesota’s diversity.
- Skilled and comfortable on all social media platforms, and constantly thinking of the best ways to reach our audience with your stories.
- An excellent writer, able to tackle several complex stories or issues at the same time.
- Willing to collaborate and share ideas with other reporters on your team and across the newsroom.
- Adept at posting quickly to the website and eager to embrace emerging digital story forms, such as newsletters, that help engage new readers.
- A sense of humor, resilience and respect.
To apply, please upload a resume and letter detailing why you are the best person for the job.
To apply, go here.