Mergermarket seeks editor for consumer/retail team
Mergermarket Group, an online financial news service that covers M&A and equity capital markets, is looking for an editor to lead its consumer/retail sector team in North America from New York.
This role involves overseeing a team of reporters who cover a range of companies from startup fitness chains to international consumer products giants. The right candidate will be as keen to mentor junior reporters as they are to report out exclusives.
The position offers an excellent opportunity for a journalist looking to take on an editor/managing role while still maintaining the ability to write and report.
To apply click here.
- Manage team of consumer/retail reporters based in multiple locations.
- Write & edit exclusive stories on M&A and ECM.
- Hire, train & develop new reporters.
- Collaborate with other editors in North America and globally
- Represent Mergermarket at industry conferences through panel moderation and other functions.
- Strong management and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills; ability to juggle management duties, with editing stories and directing content, as well as jumping in with own reporting.
- Keen interest in and advanced understanding of both the capital markets and topics specific to the overall consumer/retail sector.
- Ability to generate original story ideas and identify trends.
- Ability to work well under pressure with a sense of urgency and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years of business journalism experience
- Sector and management experience a plus