Mergermarket seeks a finance reporter in Paris
Mergermarket is a business development tool designed specifically for the M&A sector, providing proprietary intelligence and analysis on corporate strategy before that strategy becomes public knowledge. Our network of M&A Journalists and Analysts talk to CEOs, CFOs and industry contacts, reporting what they learn to Mergermarket subscribers. Together with our specialized analysis and data, this creates an indispensable resource for M&A professionals.
We are currently looking for a Reporter to report on M&A activity for our France bureau. Reporting to the Senior Reporter, the successful candidate will join our global network of over 500 Acuris dedicated journalists working within a fast-paced team writing scoops on significant deals involving listed and private targets, mainly in France, and providing breaking news & analysis throughout the deal life cycle. Our coverage spans from highlighting a potential transaction through to scooping the deal details and analysing reviews by competition authorities.
You will be trusted to:
- Produce exclusive articles and breaking news including in the outlying regions of France, by interviewing decision makers, CEOs’, bankers, lawyers and other sources
- Attend key conferences, trade fairs and relevant industry events in order to conduct side-line exclusive interviews
- Work independently and in collaboration with the Senior Reporter for France and the wider team of reporters in EMEA
- Work closely with our sister products, especially Dealreporter which is integrated with Mergermarket editorial, as well as other Acuris products including Parr, Debtwire and Inframation Group where appropriate
- Produce a steady flow of copy under tight deadlines, writing at least 18-20 of the above per month
Skills & Requirements:
- Excellent English and French speaking and writing skills
- Strong reporting experience from another financial news service, newspaper or online publication
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as in collaboration with the wider team
- Willing to travel to key events within the region
What’s in it for you:
- Located in our friendly Paris office, with frequent all-expenses paid travel to our London and regional offices
- Full training and support where required
- Full-time position with a competitive salary and good opportunities for promotion within the Editorial and wider Acuris team
To apply, go here.