Medium seeks editor in chief of new business publication
What will you do?
- Lead the launch of a new Medium publication
- Recruit and hire top-notch editorial talent
- Oversee the publication of several stories per day, from timely analysis and explainers to long-form features; oversee publication coverage on a daily, weekly, and monthly cadence
- Identify and engage emerging or undiscovered writers, as well as business experts and industry leaders who already publish on the Medium platform and can command a bigger audience
- Liaise with design and editorial leadership on the creative execution and packaging of stories
- Liaise with audience development and marketing on various promotional efforts, from newsletter and social media strategy to readership and subscriber trends
- Bring good ideas to work every single day
Who are you?
- You have 10+ years of editing experience in journalism, ideally with several years managing writers and/or editors
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment, where speed, flexibility and experimentation are part of the day-to-day
- You are passionate about great storytelling
- You have both big-picture vision about what a business publication should cover, as well as specific story ideas to go with it
- You care about words and storytelling, and are a stickler for top-tier editorial standards and quality prose
- You are curious and display excellent taste and judgment
- You are a straightforward and effective communicator
- You like working on a team and can help improve other people’s ideas through collaboration and brainstorming
- You believe that good stories can come from anywhere
This position can be based in either New York or San Francisco.
To apply, go here.