We are looking for a skilled reporter to join our team in Vacaville, California. As a reporter, you will be responsible for covering local news and events, writing articles, conducting interviews, and delivering accurate, engaging and informative content to our readers. You report on various activities and people within the Vacaville and Solano County community.
What you will do:
- Cover local news and events, including breaking news, community events, and feature stories
- Conduct research, interviews, and gather information to write engaging and accurate news articles
- Write and edit articles for print and online platforms
- Collaborate with editors and other reporters to ensure that content is of high quality and meets publication standards
- Attend and report on city council meetings, school board meetings, and other public events as required
- Utilize social media platforms to engage with readers and promote content
- Maintain relationships with community leaders and sources
- Develop and pitch story ideas to editors
- Ensure accuracy, clarity, and ethical standards in reporting
- Responsible for delivering 2-3 stories per week
What you will bring:
- Journalism experience, AP style knowledge and the ability to quickly compile accurate reporting on a variety of topics
- Experience working with various technologies for the position including PC laptops, digital cameras and recording equipment
- Good people skills are necessary for conducting interviews with sources
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; experience in a professional journalism newsroom preferred
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
The hourly wage is $16.00.
For more details click here.