Massachusetts politics are never boring, and we’re looking for a reporter who wants to be in the middle of it all as MassLive’s next Politics Reporter.
At MassLive, we have no shortage of stories to chase. We’re seeking a reporter with a proven record of breaking news reporting, deep source building and producing pieces that promote conversation and prompt action.
The right candidate understands the importance of breaking news quickly and accurately, is versatile, can break down complex state-level politics and tell local readers why the latest bill matters to them personally and how it impacts their community.
This position will be based in Boston and work out of the Massachusetts State House. Candidate will need to report occasionally to our Worcester or Springfield office for training sessions, company meetings and other staff meetings.
You should apply to be our Massachusetts Politics Reporter if you:
- LOVE politics
- Aren’t afraid to ask tough questions and hold government officials accountable
- Want to break news
- Can translate the minutiae of a budget into digestible, impactful stories
- Are a high-energy reporter who can work with efficiency, creativity, accuracy and good judgment
- Engage on social media platforms regularly and follow trends
- Are a news junkie with a pulse on the big stories happening at any given moment
- Have humility, a sense of humor, relentless curiosity and bring passion to your reporting
- Have skills in digital storytelling via text, photo and video
Job requirements include:
- Degree in journalism, communications, or related field
- Proven talent in journalism reporting and writing
- Experience building, maintaining and engaging an active audience
- Ability to work independently under deadline pressure and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Solid understanding of news writing, journalistic ethics and story structure
- Demonstrated capability in capitalizing on high-value topics by engaging audiences in frequency and urgency
- Mastery of social media and digital interaction
- Skills for utilizing a broad set of tools to tell stories and engage the audience
When applying, share links to your stories and tell us how you’d handle this statewide beat.
MassLive.com is a part of Advance Local Media, one of the largest media groups in the United States
For more details click here.