Mashable is looking for an experienced tech reporter with a sense of humor. If you’re tired of dry, boring product reviews and tech news, bring your thoughts, voice, and expertise to Mashable.
The ideal candidate can write news hits quickly and cleanly. They also know how to write about phones, apps, and other products in a conversational way that won’t put readers to sleep. They will be expected to write about tech, but not live in a tech bubble — knowledge of pop culture and current events is a major plus.
They should have an active social media presence, an extensive network of industry contacts, an eagerness to appear on camera across multiple platforms, and know how to craft a good tweet.
The ideal candidate doesn’t wait for stories to be assigned to them. Instead, they proactively pitch stories, and are always looking for reliable sources and interesting angles on hot news topics. And, this is important, their copy should be immaculate.
The tech reporter will report to Mashable’s deputy tech editor. This position is part of the Ziff Davis Creators Guild, a NewsGuild union. For more information, please visit the NewsGuild website.
You, our perfect hire, are…
- Obsessed with consumer technology, especially smartphones.
- A detail-oriented writer who can generate compelling story ideas and understands the magic of a good headline.
- A natural self-starter and organized professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player who values the success of the Mashable team.
- A top-notch writer with a firm grasp of AP style and the ability to quickly turn around clean copy.
- Well-versed in SEO and a variety of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat.
- Write breaking news hits and longer features.
- Review new products and software releases.
- Promote Mashable content on Twitter and Facebook.
- Appear in video content for Mashable’s website, Instagram, Snapchat, and other platforms.
- 5+ years writing for a media publication, with solid experience working for an online outlet.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of the digital space and Mashable’s core coverage areas.
To apply, go here.