MarketWatch.com seeks a Washington bureau chief
MarketWatch.com seeks an ambitious bureau chief for Washington, D.C., to lead a team of ambitious reporters covering the momentous in the nation’s capital, with a focus on politics, policy, finance and economics. The ideal candidate will be eager to stake a claim to the intersection of Wall Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, with fingers firmly on the pulse of both of those all-important arteries of American power and wealth.
Leading a team of D.C.-based reporters, and working closely with teams across the site and network, this editor will coordinate daily and enterprise coverage on how Washington moves money and how money moves Washington: What will the new administration’s policies and Congressional legislation mean for jobs, industries, the economy and markets? How will the nation’s leaders reckon with a slew of some of the most challenging crises in its history?
This editor should possess the drive to reshape MarketWatch’s coverage, experiment with new forms of storytelling, and new ways to help fulfill our mission to tell readers “what the news of the day means to you and your money.” The reporters will write frequently, covering the ground and also delivering original, richly-reported journalism.
The editor must have at least seven years of experience covering Washington; be well-versed in the interplay of business, finance, markets and policy; and be well-sourced inside the Beltway. The role will be a player-coach who writes and reports stories as well oversees assigning and editing. The bureau chief will collaborate with reporters, editors, designers.
The position is based in Washington. Contact us if you are:
- a strong manager who leads reporting teams by example
- committed to highly original reporting on stories that really matter
- used to working on tight deadlines across a variety of platforms
- a news-junkie with an obsession for breaking big stories- excited about experimenting with different forms of storytelling
- knowledgeable and passionate about politics, finance and business
- able to find unique angles on political news that are highly relevant to our markets-, finance- and business-oriented readers
- a self-starter, and an enthusiastic team-player too.
To apply, go here.