MarketWatch.com seeks a markets editor in London
MarketWatch.com seeks a versatile editor and writer who can distill the moves and whims of the market into smart, punchy news stories and analysis. Though speed is important here, we’re most interested in candidates who can make the smart connections others miss, spotting trends, insights, and longer-term implications that will give our audience of investors and advisers the information they need to make both sense of the news and make smarter decisions.
Based in London, this editor will be tasked with ensuring the site has the most important stories likely to move markets during the U.S. trading day.
The candidate will be required to edit and write daily columns, cover spot news, bang out short pulses, as well as deeper dives. This reporter needs the ability to explain complex market analysis in a way that engages readers on our site and across other platforms.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- monitoring all major financial markets, spotting trends and integrating into sharp, readable copy
- writing headlines and news “pulses” under real-time deadlines
- Editing and publishing key market columns and wire copy
- be in regular contact with traders, analysts, strategists and economists
- writing markets enterprise stories and features
- breaking out short news items into full stories
- illustrating moves in markets with easy to read charts and graphs
To apply, go here.