It’s an exciting time to join Marketplace. We are an industry leader in telling meaningful and creative stories on the radio with close to 13 million listeners, and we’re evolving into a multi-media enterprise centered around the ambition of raising the economic intelligence of all Americans.
Marketplace is looking for a producer of social publishing. We are the most widely heard business show in the country – on radio or TV – reaching more than 20 million people on air, online, and on demand. Our products range from our flagship daily business news show to our portfolio of seasonal podcasts, which touch on topics such as relationships and money (“This Is Uncomfortable”), financial literacy for teens (“Financially Inclined”), and climate change (“How We Survive”).
The ideal candidate is someone who can connect with and engage these different audiences, someone who can help us grow and reach more people by conceiving, producing, and executing meaningful content across platforms. You must have superb social copywriting and fact-checking skills. You’ll package Marketplace content in a dynamic way across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and emerging social platforms. You have strong instincts for engaging platform-specific content. And you have demonstrated success in creating campaigns and social posts that resonate with diverse audiences.
- Concept, write, produce, and execute platform-specific content across platforms.
- Manage relationships and work collaboratively with newsroom partners to help ensure social marketing campaigns meet our goals and are up to standard.
- Help Marketplace realize its full audience potential by helping create dynamic campaigns that drive to business goals.
- Generate new ideas for building account engagement and growth.
- Take on social projects from conception to execution.
- Work with the head of social to help set and track social audience goals.
- Use data to inform how we create social content and serve our audience.
- Stay ahead of the curve on social marketing best practices.
- Develop and ensure consistent voice and branding across our social platforms.
- Help direct the work of the associate social producer.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- 5+ years’ experience producing content for social platforms on behalf of a brand or media outlets.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Deep interest in how economic news intersects with people’s lives.
- Strong knowledge of social media trends and best practices, including video-first platforms such as YouTube and TikTok
- Embraces social data and isn’t afraid to use it to optimize campaigns.
- Must have superb social copywriting and fact-checking skills.
- Highly proficient in Photoshop, Premiere, and Audition or similar editing software
- Proficient in Social Flow or similar social media management tool
- A team player who is accountable, proactive, and solution-oriented
- Have strong instincts for content that social audiences find engaging.
- Demonstrated success in creating engaging campaigns and social posts.
- Creative thinker and idea generator
- Knowledge of social media listening and reporting tools
- Ability to translate the Marketplace voice to social media.
- Independent, resourceful, takes initiative, and has excellent judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to successfully meet deadlines and handle multiple responsibilities under pressure on a consistent basis.
- Superior communication, organizational and collaborative skills.
- Familiarity with content management systems.
- Self-starter with excellent editorial judgment.
Reporting to this Position: None
Compensation: $38.46/per hour.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Location: Remote (U.S.A)
For further details click here.