Louisville Business First seeks a retail and tech reporter
Louisville Business First is looking for a reporter who can marry strong traditional journalism skills – source building, sharp news judgment, interviewing prowess, strong analytical and investigative reporting, clear writing, document use – with online and social media know-how. Whatever the platform, this reporter will produce content, accompanied by perspective and context for a vibrant audience of business owners, executives and professionals in Louisville.
The beats for this position include restaurants, retail, technology and entrepreneurs.
A Business Journal reporter is competitive, collaborative and curious. He or she is expected to contribute both short- and long-form stories to our news products online, in email, on mobile and in print. Also, scoops matter. A lot.
Job duties are as follows:
• Produce compelling, high-impact breaking news and enterprise rich in perspective and context.
• Own the beat audience and conversation.
• Build source network relentlessly.
• Work collaboratively with editors, photographers, designers and others to maximize the impact of stories reported.
The qualities we are looking for are:
• Proven excellence in reporting and writing
• Desire and ability to break news and to identify newsworthy events and sources
• Strong analytical and investigative-interviewing skills
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Ability to relate comfortably to a wide range of people, in person, on the phone and online
• A clear drive to develop sources and build audience
• Solid understanding of news writing, journalistic ethics and story structure.
• Ability to leverage relationships with sources to deliver content that differentiates the organization from competitors.
• Multimedia skills, including video, photos, broadcast, on-camera, helpful
Send your resume and links to your best work to editor Lisa Benson at firstname.lastname@example.org.