Louisville Business First seeks a digital editor
Louisville Business First is looking for a Digital Editor.
The Digital Editor owns and manages LBF’s digital content across all platforms, including web, email and social media. The ideal candidate will thrive in newsroom that values scoops and exclusives above all else, and knows its audience and market exceptionally well.
The primary goal of the Digital Editor is to craft timely and compelling digital products that drive loyal engagement, grow audience and extend the Business First brand. In addition to working with staff-generated content, the Digital Editor is expected to curate, report and write posts of his or her own daily, as well as produce interactive features, galleries and video to compliment Business First’s strong digital coverage.
The end result should be a rich and vibrant digital experience that serves the Business First audience.
• Curate, edit and publish news and other engaging online content throughout the day
• Report and write original content
• Direct coverage in breaking news situations, in tandem with the rest of the editing team.
• Generate and execute digital story ideas
• Curate, write, rank and publish the morning and afternoon email products.
• Gather and upload graphics, photos and other visuals for digital features
• Master digital graphics tools available to the newsroom and create digital graphics as needed.
• Track metrics, measure engagement and help staff identify and deploy tactics to meet traffic and engagement goals
• Manage social media streams and execute on strategies to build engagement
• Work with editors, reporters and other stakeholders to plan new content and features
• Work collaboratively with peers in design and research
• Exceptional news judgment
• Strong reporting and writing skills
• Leadership acumen and a desire to work collaboratively
• Familiarity with SEO and site/traffic/engagement metrics
• A keen interest in what’s new and what’s next
• A firm belief in the power of social media
• Able to balance high standards for content quality with ambitious traffic and engagement objectives
• Driven to develop relationships and connect with sources
• Demonstrated use of databases to build interactive elements and features
• Comfortable working in a content management system
• Able to understand and interpret site metrics
• Strong headline writing and copy-editing skills
• Multimedia interest and acumen — video and audio, especially — is critical. The ability to create simple infographics a plus
• Knowledge of HTML a plus
• Digital reporting experience
• Robust social media user
• Business reporting a plus
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, send a resume, cover letter and three of your best clips to Beth Hunt, director of editorial recruiting and development, American City Business Journals