The Los Angeles Daily News is looking for a reporter to cover local government news in Los Angeles’ San Fernando Valley, with an emphasis on local schools and education issues.
- Cover news stories in surrounding counties
- Versatility is a must, as stories will cover a wide variety of topics, from city and county government to community events
- Proficient in taking his/her own photos and producing their own videos and must be able to write
- Along with producing stories that are assigned, the reporter should also be able to pitch their own story ideas on a regular basis
- Must be able to research and develop stories to the utmost accuracy
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree (with comparable experience) in journalism or related field
- Two to three years’ experience reporting desired but we will consider experienced reporters with demonstrated abilities
- Experience in reporting breaking news, politics, features, or enterprise is preferred
- Strong writing across a variety of story types
This position may be permanently remote.