Los Angeles Business Journal seeks senior editor
The Los Angeles Business Journal, the leading source of news and information for L.A.’s business community, is seeking a knowledgeable and detail-oriented senior editor.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the people, companies, industries and trends that are shaping the business landscape of Los Angeles.
Experience creating content for both print and digital platforms is essential. While the focus of the position is on editing, there will be opportunities and expectations for the person in this role to also report and write.
The Senior Editor will report to the Editor and be a key member of the Business Journal’s content leadership team, helping to set editorial agendas and determine coverage priorities.
The Senior Editor will work closely with the Business Journal’s staff reporters and freelance writers to develop and guide stories from start to finish.
- Work closely with other members of the senior editorial team to develop content that elevates the Business Journal’s print and digital properties.
- Play a central role in day-to-day and long-term content planning for print and digital.
- Help maintain the Business Journal’s editorial voice and vision.
- Provide guidance for a diverse team of staff and freelance reporters as they deliver breaking news, features and special reports.
- Develop and manage story ideas from concept to completion, often on tight deadlines.
- Edit stories, check facts, write headlines and coordinate photo assignments.
- Contribute written stories to the print and digital versions.
- Minimum three years of experience covering business at a print or digital outlet
- Solid writing and editing skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge of AP style
- A team player with the ability to multitask
- Demonstrated ability to connect on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms
- Bachelor’s degree
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, go here.