The Los Angeles Business Journal is seeking a knowledgeable and detail-oriented Senior Editor to join our award-winning team. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of how to edit features and news articles on deadline. Experience in journalism and creating content for both print and digital platforms is essential. The candidate should also have a solid understanding of the people, companies, industries and trends that are shaping the business landscape of Los Angeles.
• Work closely with other members of the senior editorial team to develop content that elevates the Business Journal’s print and digital properties.
• Help maintain the Business Journal’s editorial voice and vision.
• Provide guidance for a diverse team of staff and freelance reporters as they deliver breaking news, features and special reports.
• Develop and manage story ideas from concept to completion, often on tight deadlines.
• Edit stories, check facts, write headlines, and help reporters coordinate photo assignments or compile photo assets.
• While the focus of this role is on editing, the candidate will have the opportunity to contribute written stories to the print and digital products.
Benefits: 401(k), Dental insurance, Flexible schedule, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Vision insurance.
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Experience: Minimum 3 years of editing experience at a print or digital outlet, preferably covering business or a similar or technical industry | Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or equivalent.
To apply, go here.