Los Angeles Business Journal seeks a managing editor
The managing editor of the Los Angeles Business Journal has accountability for managing the day-to-day editorial operations of the newsroom.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Technical Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Manage daily and ongoing editorial operations.
2. Manage ongoing copy flow of numerous stories and placements.
3. Keep the editor informed of ongoing editorial operations.
4. Coordinate coverage of people and events with editorial staff and photographers.
5. Interface with production department and advise on story placement.
Leadership and Management Responsibilities:
1. Provide day-to-day guidance and training to reporting staff.
2. Participate in the identification and selection of editorial personnel.
3. Provide leadership and direction in conceptualizing news stories.
ATTRIBUTES AND BEHAVIORS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
1. Strong leadership skills; demonstrated competency to lead, direct, and motivate staff reporters and outside contractors.
2. Strong sense of urgency.
3. Demonstrated ability to meet tight due dates.
4. Ability to work effectively cross-functionally with other departments to meet editorial goals and objectives.
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
To apply, go here.