LNP Media Group is looking for a Photographer to join our team! The Photographer will be primarily responsible for taking photographs of news, sports and feature subjects to support the weekly publications, Ephrata Review, Lititz Review, and Lancaster County Weeklies.
Photographer Essential Job Functions (Full Description):
- Set up and/or execute photo assignments.
- Play major role in getting team photos for sports tabs, headshots for athletes of the week, etc.
- Assist in archiving photos.
- Assist with Lancaster Farming and Mid Atlantic Horse as needed.
- Process images shot by other staff members or members of the public as determined by the editors or other supervisory staff.
- Be aware of news happenings and be always vigilant for photography opportunities.
- Process email photos as sent out by editors.
- Produce feature photos with and without direction as frequently as possible.
- Assign correspondents to cover events the staff photographer is unable to attend.
- This staff member will assist with some basic newsroom tasks such as extracting historical data and formatting small articles.
- Must be flexible and able to change priorities on projects on very short notice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
In addition to the essential functions listed above, the employee is expected to exercise honesty, integrity and respect with to sources and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a cooperative attitude, communicate effectively, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, respect the work environment, and to learn new skills and tasks as needed. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required from time to time.
Required education and experience:
- High school diploma or GED, preferably with some course work in photography, computer photo processing, or related fields.
- Demonstrated ability in photography, both news and feature.
- Satisfactory references
- Ability to shoot sharp, well-composed photographs.
- Strong news judgment.
- General ability to use computers, particularly photo-oriented software.
- Demonstrated ability in Adobe Photoshop or similar photo-editing programs.
- Ability to work rapidly under pressure.
- Ability to pay attention to precise detail.
- Ability to report caption information accurately.
- Ability to shoot a variety of photos – spot news, feature and sports.
- Awareness and understanding of photo-journalism ethics and law.
- Ability to work cooperatively with editors and staff, keeping editors informed and using feedback for development.
- Ability to work effectively with sources and the public.
- Commitment to excellence in journalism and in this newspaper.
- Awareness of local and national news.
- An ability to adapt to frequent changes and interruptions in daily work routine.
- A strong sense of design.
- Ability to interact positively with a wide variety of individuals in a wide variety of situations.
For further information click here.