The Lexington County Chronicle is looking for an energetic multimedia sports editor committed to helping our staff reinvent local media in Lexington, South Carolina, and the surrounding region. The full-time journalist will cover more than 12 local high schools and colleges, as well as work on feature stories for our newspaper and magazines. The journalist will also manage freelance writers in optimizing local sports content with the goal of building local audience and sponsored content.
The journalist will join our growing multimedia team that is revolutionizing local content through both print and online programming. The applicant will be eager to pitch story ideas and collaborate with other staff to produce engaging written and multimedia content. The ideal candidate will enjoy experimenting with new ways to tell stories through print, video, social, podcasts and digital media. The position may involve evening and/or weekend work. Any experience with Adobe InDesign, graphic design and/or the Adobe Production Suite is preferred.
This position will report to the editor.
Please send your resume and sample clips to email@example.com.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- College Degree required, preferably in the field of Journalism.
- Experience covering local and regional sports stories.
- Experience taking high-quality photos and video is a plus.
- Consistent news judgment for a local audience and an interest in emerging technology.
- Ability to work well with others in a high-pressure, professional environment.
- A desire to take risks and willingness to adapt.
- A positive, collaborative attitude and a strong sense of humor.
- Experience with graphic design, Adobe InDesign or video editing is a plus.
- Experience with innovative forms of multimedia storytelling are all a plus.
For more information click here.