The Times-Dispatch in Richmond, Virginia, part of Lee Enterprises, is hiring a breaking news editor to drive coverage of trending topics.
We’re looking for a collaborative and competitive leader who loves to grow audience and deliver high-impact journalism that resonates with our community.
- Leading real-time coverage of breaking news, including live updates, alerts and social media posts, across the newsroom
- Working with journalists to ensure all content is optimized for digital audiences, including having related assets, video and SEO-friendly headlines
- Using analytics to inform newsroom coverage decisions and posting times to ensure maximize exposure
- Assisting with staff training to ensure best practices and helping newsroom leadership with strategic and long-range planning
- Coordinating with other Lee Enterprises Virginia newsrooms to share content
- This position will work with all newsroom departments, including news and sports.
For more details click here.