Law360 seeks editors in New York
Law360, a LexisNexis company, is an online newswire for business lawyers that covers major litigation, transactions and regulatory issues. Founded in 2004 and acquired by LexisNexis in 2012, Law360 is a cutting-edge organization and one of the fastest-growing subscription news services in the U.S.
Our subscribers include the 100 largest law firms in the U.S., in-house counsel at major corporations, and government agencies such as the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Trade Commission.
We are currently expanding and seeking talented editors to join our growing NYC newsroom.
On a typical day editors will edit and approve around 20 news articles and features covering a wide array of legal areas, including employment law, environmental law, intellectual property law and securities law, in industries such as energy, financial services, health care, media and technology.
Additional responsibilities include writing headlines and reshaping ledes; line editing, copy editing and basic fact checking; and examining newsletters prior to publication.
– Bachelor’s degree in English, professional writing, journalism, communications or related field.
– Two years of full-time copy editing experience at a news organization.
– Exceptional skills in grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax and vocabulary.
– Working knowledge of AP style.
– Extreme attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
To apply, go here.