Law360, a LexisNexis company, is an online newswire for business lawyers that covers major litigation, transactions, and regulatory issues. Founded in 2004 and acquired by LexisNexis in 2012, Law360 is a cutting-edge organization and one of the fastest-growing subscription news services in the U.S. Our subscribers include the largest law firms in the U.S. and around the world, in-house counsel at major corporations, and key decision-makers in the government sector.
Law360 is seeking a reporter to cover developments in the federal and state courts in Washington, D.C. The D.C.-based court reporter will be responsible for keeping track of cases in the area courts, attending selected events, communicating with editors, and filing daily news stories.
- At least one year of full-time, paid reporting experience and some court reporting or similar experience
- Demonstrated reporting and writing skills
- Experience reporting for a legal audience
- Experience writing under deadline pressure
- Business or legal reporting experience is not required
- Professional reporting experience and strong writing and analytical skills are required to succeed in this job.
Periodic travel between courthouses is expected. Court Reporters are required to arrange transportation for field travel and/or use their own personal vehicle.
Qualified candidates will be asked to complete writing and reporting tests electronically.
Law360 offers extensive training on legal topics.
For further details click here.