LatinFinance seeks a senior editor in New York
LatinFinance is seeking an experienced Senior Editor to join its New York editorial team.
An integrated publishing and events business, LatinFinance provides incisive news and commentary about finance and capital markets in Latin America and the Caribbean through its flagship magazine and digital platforms. A successful candidate will be comfortable developing, writing and editing daily news items and long-form magazine features.
The job of Senior Editor entails:
- Assigning, editing and contributing news items to digital daily newsletters and website
- Managing and motivating a small team of reporters
- Writing features for the quarterly magazine
- Speaking and/or moderating panel discussions at LatinFinance conferences and other events
- Frequent travel throughout Latin America and the US
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent writer with 3-5 years relevant experience
- Be able to analyze complex financial and economic data
- Have a clear understanding of how financial markets operate
- Possess strong organizational and leadership skills
- Be able to interact effectively with senior decision-makers in government, business and finance
- Speaking and writing Spanish (preferred). Knowledge of Portuguese is an added advantage.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, including 401K. Interested candidates please send resume with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include links to articles you have written and edited.