LatinFinance seeks a reporter in New York
LatinFinance is seeking an experienced reporter to join its New York editorial team. An integrated publishing and events business, LatinFinance provides incisive news and commentary about finance and capital markets in Latin America and the Caribbean through its flagship magazine and digital platforms. A successful candidate must be able to develop relationships with senior market participants, while developing and writing daily news items and long-form magazine features.
The reporter will:
* Generate story ideas and contribute news items to digital daily newsletters and website
* Write features for the quarterly magazine
* Speak and/or moderate panel discussions at LatinFinance conferences and other events
* Be able to travel throughout Latin America and the US when necessary
The ideal candidate will:
* Be an excellent writer with 2 years relevant experience
* Be able to analyze complex financial and economic data
* Have a clear understanding of how financial markets operate
* Be able to interact effectively with senior decision-makers in government, business and finance
* Speaking and writing Spanish (preferred). Knowledge of Portuguese is an added advantage.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, including 401K. Interested candidates please send resume with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include links to articles you have written and edited.