LatinFinance seeks a loan market reporter
LatinFinance is seeking an experienced Loan Market reporter to contribute relevant stories and scoops to our local and regional editorial team. An integrated publishing and events business, LatinFinance provides incisive news and commentary about finance and capital markets in Latin America and the Caribbean through its flagship magazine and digital platforms. A successful candidate will have developed relationships with senior market participants to source and write stories for our Daily Brief digital newsletter.
The reporter will:
- Break news from the capital markets for digital daily newsletters and the LatinFinance
- Generate original feature story ideas, exclusive interviews with top decision makers in both the financial markets, industry and governments
- Have an opportunity to write feature articles for the quarterly magazine
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent writer with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience and willingness to learn
- Be able to analyze complex financial and economic data
- Have a clear understanding of how capital markets operate
- Be able to interact effectively with senior decision-makers in government, business and finance
- Speaking and writing Spanish (preferred). Knowledge of Portuguese is an added advantage.
This position can be remote to editorial’s New York-base. This position offers a chance to report on an increasingly important sector as the COVID-19 pandemic progresses and businesses find solutions for coping with the crisis. Interested candidates please send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include links to articles you have written or edited.