Kiplinger, a dynamic and forward-thinking Washington, D.C.-based publisher of online and print information, seeks an experienced reporter to write personal finance and lifestyle features for its monthly Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine, and to contribute to other publications, print and digital.
The position requires the ability to produce impartial, timely information and advice on broad personal finance topics, such as retirement planning, investing, credit, banking, insurance, taxes, purchasing and financing homes and cars, and smart spending—for magazines, newspapers or websites.
In this role, the reporter will produce high-quality, timely content in multiple platforms for consumption by a wide variety of users
Other essential functions of the position include:
- Report and write practical exclusive news and insights for the readers of Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine and other Kiplinger publications
- Edit other writers’ and editors’ work
- Bring lucrative new spinoff products to life in collaboration with fellow editors and marketing colleagues
- Collaborate with social media and business-development colleagues to expand our digital reach and find new audiences
- Collaborate cross-functionally with different groups both within and outside of the Kiplinger organization, including the Kiplinger digital team; other Kiplinger publication staffs; public relations team; sales, marketing, and circulation.
A successful candidate for the position will have at least a bachelor’s degree and five years of appropriate experience.
The Kiplinger Washington Editors, Inc., produces products available in multiple formats and platforms, including print, online, and via podcast. It is part of the larger, global Dennis Publishing group. Among Kiplinger’s better known publications are the monthly Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine and The Kiplinger Letter, a weekly business and economic forecasting periodical for people in management. The total paid circulation of Kiplinger print periodicals exceeds 900,000, and its website, Kiplinger.com, receives millions of unique visits per month. At Kiplinger, we start with the expectation that our readers will act on our advice, and benefit from doing so.