Kernel Magazine is looking for technology writers
We believe tech exists within broader systems of power, and that understanding these systems and individual actors within them is critical to driving material change. pitch us here for our second issue!
Deadline: 16 May 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A publication examining technology’s role in shaping our collective future, by @reboot_hq community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re interested in forward-looking analysis that addresses tech (in any sense of the word). We want to see work about the ideas, movements, people, and tools that might bring us to the future.
In our inaugural issue last year, we published essays ranging from algorithmic identity and communities to speculative fiction on dreams. Read through our first issue to get a sense of what we’re looking for: https://www.kernelmag.io/
We like analysis that is both generative and adversarial. This discourse can take a variety of forms:
- Deeply researched essays with a critical eye
- Personal essays
- Speculative utopias and dystopias
- Creative short stories or poetry
- Edited conversations
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- Write a short introduction about yourself
- Include a paragraph highlighting your writing experience, relevant credentials and publication credits
- Attach links to your strongest work or portfolio, and online profile.
- We pay $200-300 for nonfiction and $50-300 for creative forms (poetry, short stories, art).
For more information, visit their website.