KDLL Public Radio in Kenai, Alaska, is seeking a curious and enthusiastic general-assignment news reporter/evening news host.
- Produce news stories for radio and web
- Record and edit audio for daily broadcast, using field recording equipment, studio and telephone recording equipment
- Work with other KDLL staff to package and deliver Monday-Friday 5:20 p.m. newscasts
- Work with other KDLL staff to produce a weekly, five-minute economic news feature
- Work with other KDLL staff to plan, schedule and conduct a weekly, hour-long, community-focused live interview show
- Seek out diverse, community-focused news stories
- Collaborate on breaking news and special reporting projects
- Assist with twice-yearly on-air membership drives
Successful candidates will ideally possess the following skills and competencies:
- News reporting experience, producing content on deadline
- Familiarity and comfort with using broadcast equipment and live delivery of news
- Excellent writing skills, delivery, news judgment and journalistic integrity
- Enthusiasm for community-focused news
- Flexibility and versatility of interests — able to cover municipal government to wildfires to community theatre and everything in between
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to operate a board, audio and computer equipment and editing software — experience with Adobe Audition is preferred
- Ability to stay calm on deadline and/or when facing technical problems
- Ability to balance daily reporting and hosting duties with working on future projects
Salary: $35,000-$40,000, depending on experience
Apply: Send resume and clips to Jenny Neyman, general manager, at email@example.com.
For more details click here.