JOTO PR, an award-winning PR Agency, is looking for remote freelance writers who have professional experience writing media pitches.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
If you’re like me, you’re also sick and tired of the air of mysticism that surrounds the PR industry All the magic words about clicks and impressions, rain dances for a big media hit, the “We’ve sown the seeds, just wait” promises. I founded JoTo PR to help you answer these questions. My team and I spearheaded market research on 5,000 fast-growth company CEOs to figure out what leaders here in the real world think about PR.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Pitches are sales copy to the media to get them to “buy” into interviewing a business leader, key opinion leader or expert and published a story about them.
(A Pitch is communication with media outlets where we highlight a news release and convince reporters to interview a business leader, key opinion leader or expert and/or publish a story about them.)
Pitch to the media in general assignment news, business media, finance, IT and healthcare media. And more…
The position will consist of writing media pitches.
The applicant must understand MEDIA/ JOURNALIST target audiences and follow structural directions provided in order to generate notable media pitches and secure earned publicity.
The writer must have the ability to write concise and message-driven pitches that will positively influence journalists into interviewing the clients and publishing their story.
Candidate should be professional and be able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Write engaging, compelling and relatable media pitches to journalists for client campaigns.
- Be comfortable in understanding and applying best practices relevant to various media in different industries (general assignment, business, healthcare, medical technology, IT, insurance, development and finance industries).
- Understand different TYPES of media, and media pitches, for broadcast (TV, radio), newspapers, digital news, blogs, podcasts, etc.
- Be curious, proactive, and contribute new ideas that display results including finding new ways to attract media attention.
- RESEARCH and showcase found knowledge of current news that will entice journalists to want to know more..
- Understand the role of EARNED media in cultivating ROI and brand awareness.
- Creating compelling headlines and body copy that will capture the attention of the targeted media journalists.
Social Media Writing: 2 years (Preferred)
- 2 + years’ experience in writing for social media and other forms of publication
- Exceptional grammar and spelling proficient
- Exceptional proofreading and copy-editing skills are a must-have!
- Exceptional at getting to the point without a lot of verbiage for busy journalists
- Understand key media buzz words that attract media attention
- Proven track record of successful writing, media pitch writing
- Fluent in English
- Highly organized and able to manage time to meet deadlines
- Journalism experience preferred
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- Write a short introduction about yourself
- Include a paragraph highlighting your writing experience, relevant credentials and publication credits
- Attach links to your strongest work or portfolio, and online profile.
- $10 – $58 an hour
For more information, visit their website.