iTVS is looking for a writer
iTVS is looking for a knowledgeable journalist on education-related topics for a potential piece for PBS. Would be fun opportunity. Deadline to submit rough draft is early April. Related to PBS documentary Try Harder! and about students and teachers “grind culture” during challenging times.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Independent Television Service® brings independently-produced, high-quality public broadcast and new media programs to local, national, and international audiences. The independent producers who create ITVS programs take creative risks, tackle complex issues, and express points of view seldom explored in the mass media. ITVS programs enrich the cultural landscape with the voices and visions of underrepresented communities, and reflect the interests and concerns of a diverse society.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- Write a cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements for the job
- Include a one-paragraph summary of your relevant experience, credentials and publication credits
- Attach your strongest clips or links to published work
- Be sure to include a resume detailing your writing experience.
Must be US-based education writer with experience/clips writing about education.
- $300-$500 DOE for 1000 word+ article.
For more information, visit their website.
Please email Craig Gary Phillips at: craig.phillips@