Investor’s Business Daily is seeking a full-time Multimedia Reporter to create videos, articles and other content about stocks and related investments. The position will be located at our headquarters in the Playa Vista neighborhood of Los Angeles.
IBD is a financial website and national weekly newspaper known for innovative coverage and fact-based analysis of the stock market, economy, business and public policy. We offer an environment that encourages and rewards learning and professional growth and the opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge of how to invest successfully.
Specific duties of the position include:
- Create videos or participate in the creation of videos, such as by developing scripts or appearing in videos to discuss stock market news, trends and investing techniques.
- Report and write articles for IBD’s website and IBD Weekly newspaper on stock market trends, daily action in stocks and the best stocks in the market at any given time.
- Optimize all content for search and reader engagement.
- Participate in social media to keep up with market-related news, cultivate sources and share your content.
- May participate in the creation of podcasts, content for voice-controlled devices or other content.
- Use databases and financial statements when appropriate to gather information for videos, articles and related content.
- We provide training on how to use our extensive stock market database and investment information.
- Resume and cover letter.
- Four-year college degree.
- An on-air reel.
- At least three writing samples.
- At least three years of relevant journalism experience is preferred, but other candidates with strong skills will be considered, including recent college graduates.
- Good understanding of broadcast script writing.
- Good understanding of best practices for broadcast video production and editing.
- Basic understanding of video editing software, either Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro.
- Basic understanding of production equipment, including cameras, audio and lighting.
Application materials can be submitted to IBDnewsjobs@investors.com. Writing samples can be provided as links, attached as Word documents or PDFs, or pasted into the message. Please put Multimedia Reporter in the email subject field.