Investor’s Business Daily seeks a Markets Writer to produce articles and related content on stocks and other investments for an audience of mostly self-directed investors. Our goal is to help IBD customers make more money in the stock market through content that explains the market’s mechanics and sound investing methods, analyzes the latest market action and provides timely news and analysis about the best stocks. The position is expected to be remote, although working at IBD’s Los Angeles headquarters also can be an option.
The ideal candidate will bring a strong understanding of stocks and financial markets, excellent writing skills and the ability to quickly produce sharp and well-optimized daily stories while juggling other assignments. The position offers the opportunity to further build investing expertise. You’ll be able to participate in the success of your content through various incentives and to contribute ideas on creating new content that will help readers invest successfully.
- Accurately report and write engaging and well-sourced articles that benefit investors, leveraging IBD’s proprietary stock market research and CAN SLIM investing method as appropriate. Training and information will be provided on using these resources. Content will appear on the Investors.com website, in IBD apps/premium products and in the IBD Weekly newspaper.
- Keep up to date on news and trends related to assigned coverage area, including the general market, IBD indexes and IBD stock performance lists.
- Use databases, stock charts and financial statements when appropriate to gather information for articles and related content, such as graphics to accompany stories. IBD stock research services are crucial tools to master and use daily to guide reporting.
- Develop strong SEO for your content. SEO includes web headlines, SEO page titles, URLs, meta descriptions and keywords, as well as hyperlinks inserted in the body of articles.
- Participate in social media to promote your IBD content, cultivate relationships with sources or others interested in the topics that you cover, and help develop IBD’s web audience.
- May produce videos or participate in the production of videos such as by developing scripts or appearing in videos to discuss stock market news and trends.
- May write updates or other content for Leaderboard and other subscriber products, including suggesting ideas for stocks to add to Leaderboard.
- May assist supervisor in editing other writers’ articles, writing headlines or performing other tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university or relevant experience.
- Relevant journalism experience, or journalism training, such as through a degree program.
- Solid knowledge of the markets, stocks and investing, and a desire to learn more.
- Three years of related experience.
- Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and samples or links to 3 to 6 examples of written work.
To apply, go here.