InvestigateWest is looking for an investigative reporter who lives to expose wrongdoing, corruption, exploitation, the holes in society’s safety nets and the powerful interests responsible for fixing them. Founded in 2009 as a nonprofit, InvestigateWest produces in-depth reporting on critical issues in hopes of spurring meaningful change and, bit by bit, making the world a better place.
This job is full-time and includes benefits. We are open to candidates living in or willing to relocate to Washington, Oregon and Idaho, but we are especially interested in those living in Idaho or Western Washington.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a track record of producing impactful in-depth or investigative stories.
- Aspires to great storytelling and studies the giants of the craft.
- Gets reluctant sources to talk candidly and has a deft touch with people who have experienced trauma.
- Hungrily pursues the truth, digging through records, databases and people’s differing accounts.
- Can work both independently and collaboratively.
- Brings a little extra to the table (like data analysis, photography, video, crowdsourced reporting or community engagement skills).
- Has a long list of project ideas and can juggle quick, mid-range and long-term investigations.
Compensation: The salary range is $45,000-$65,000, depending on experience.
Deadline: March 14.
Email questions to email@example.com.
For more details click here.