International Business Times (IBT) is seeking a passionate and fearless Editor for the United States Edition to oversee the publication’s original US coverage of business news, trends, and events that are relevant to IBT readers in the US and worldwide. The US Editor is expected to manage and lead the publication’s team of reporters from the New York City newsroom. The US Editor will be responsible for setting the editorial voice and direction of the US Edition in a fast-paced 24/7 “never let the light go out” environment. In an age where the public has lost trust in the media, the US Editor will be responsible for going after and unearthing the facts and establish public trust in IBT. The US Editor will be fully responsible to produce an editorial offering that combines the high-standards of classical journalism and the pursuit of truth and facts, with modern and multi format delivery.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Leading the editorial team: The US Editor is responsible for hiring, raising, managing a team of reporters and editors with high-standard classical journalism standards.
- Developing and executing the editorial strategy: The US Editor must work closely with IBT’s other editorial staff to develop and execute an editorial strategy that aligns with the publication’s mission and goals through daily early morning editorial meetings. This includes setting editorial priorities, identifying key topics and trends, and ensuring that content is produced in a timely manner.
- Overseeing the publication’s business news coverage: The US Editor must ensure that the publication is covering key business news and events in the United States, and that the coverage is accurate, balanced, and informative. This includes working with reporters to identify and pursue stories that are of interest to IBT’s readership.
- The Editor is responsible for ensuring that each piece of content produced is original.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key sources: The US Editor is expected to build and maintain relationships with key sources within the business world, such as executives, analysts, and economists. This includes identifying and cultivating relationships with external partners, such as other media outlets, government agencies, and industry experts, in order to identify and pursue newsworthy stories, go after facts and to promote IBT’s coverage.
- Work with other IBT teams to develop and improve the delivery of content through various media (text, short, long videos, audio, etc).
- Ensuring editorial standards are met: The Business Editor must ensure that all business content published by IBT meets the publication’s standards for accuracy. This includes ensuring that sources are properly vetted, that all facts are verified, and that content is free of bias and errors.
Overall, the US Editor of International Business Times for the United States Edition must be an individual passionate for true and fearless journalism, a leader with excellent editorial judgment and a deep understanding of the business world. They must be able to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines, while maintaining the highest standards of journalistic integrity and quality.
- How many years of professional journalism experience do you have?
- Please provide your 3 best hard news article links.
- What are the reasons you are interested in this position?
- Why should we hire you as a US Editor?
- What are your long-term career goals?
- Why are you seeking a new position?
- Are you willing to work everyday in the office?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check?
For more details click here.